|The Top 10 Worst Sports Movies of All-time
The news that Lebron James is going to skip the world basketball trials to make a movie this summer immediately sent me scrambling to the internet to do some serious research.
No, I was not doing an in-depth statistical analysis of how Team USA will fare with or without King James. Instead, I got bust compiling a list of the Top 10 Worst Sports Movies of All-Time. After reading about the plot line in LBJ's flick, I have a feeling he may be headed straight to the top of this list.
My only regret is that I can't consider Shaq's Kaazam as a sports movie. But then again, that project can easily make the Top 10 of any "worst movies list"
So here we go;
1. The Cutting Edge: Boy meets girl, boy collides with girl on skates and ruins hockey career, boy helps girl win figuring skating championship, boy and girl fall in love. As we used to say in the 1980's, "gag me with a spoon!"
2. The Replacements: Keanu Reeves turns in a robotic performance in a predictable story line about scab football players. Not even the great Gene Hackman could save this dog.
The worst sports movie of all-time: The Cutting Edge
3. Space Jam: Hitting a curve ball is not the only thing Michael Jordan can't do — add acting to the list.
4. Rocky V: I have refused to see the sixth installment of this saga, so it might be worse than this one. However, it is hard to imagine a worse job of acting than the one turned in by Tommy Morrison in this dog.
6. Slapshot 2- Following up an all-time classic with a sequel starring one of the Baldwins is just plain wrong on every level.
7. Juwanna Mann — Men in the WNBA? That alone consigns this clunker to the bargain bin.
8. Major League 3 —Back to the Minors: The original Major League is a classic. The first sequel had its moments. This was a waste of time.
9. Johnny Be Goode: First, you lose credibility when you cast uber-nerd Anthony Michael Hall as a Texas high school running back. You defy all belief when you have him cheat on Uma Thurmond. This movie features every cliché about illegal recruiting, and they are all presented badly.
10. Summer Catch — a really bad romance pretending to be a really bad sports movie. Freddie Prinz had more chemistry with Scooby Doo than he had with Jessica Biel in this bomb.
Dishonorable Mention: The Main Event, MVP 2, Side Out, Semi Pro, Little Big League, Caddyshack II, Ready to Rumble, No Hold Barred, The Lady Bugs
So there is my list. Add, subtract, modify and/or expound as you see fit